Thursday, October 8, 2009

Porcelain...Heavy gold

Hi! I have this lovely 13" porcelain vase that I purchased this past weekend. My first question is, does anyone recognize the mark? I am thinking that this mark was discussed at length recently but I might be mistaken. I am pretty sure this is an early 20th century Japanese vase. If someone knows this mark or remembers the thread in which it was discussed please let me know! My second question has to do with the gold decoration. In many areas it is much thicker and heavier than the usual gilding, I am wondering if the correct term would be "gold moriage"? Or is there another more appropriate term for heavy gilding that looks like moriage? Thanks for taking the time to look! Caroline


Orignal From: Porcelain...Heavy gold

No comments:

Post a Comment