Thursday, September 17, 2009

Potties 4 pcs- Jugtown cndlestk, incised clay vase, crazy vase

Hi all, I picked up some unusual pottery yesterday (my daughter took me all day for my birthday - how great!) The first is a Jugtown Ware candlestick - I found one on their website called JH Owen candlestick - is this right? The mark does have the jug in the center, it is just very, very light.. It stands 13" tall. Second is an incised vase - the material looks like clay. It measures 5 1/4" tall 4" rim diameter. No markings I can see..any help with maker / age? Third - this is a beautiful handpainted pottery vase - it is signed "Pancho" on the side under the woman. I've looked everywhere I can think to id - do you know who? This vase measures 6" tall with a 4" rim. Hand thrown as I can feel the marks on the inside. And 4th and final one - I call this a 'crazy' vase. Very unusual - some of it looks like enameled paint. There are characters signed on the inside rim. There is a sticker on the underside - I've looked and looked..who made this?In the middle of the sticker is Flower Vase, above it is (a word - characters?) and below symbols? What is it called? It is red clay on the inside. I couldn't decide whether to dismiss this one or pick it up...so of course I picked it up..it was just 'unusual' and worth a look at..It measures 6" tall. The characters on the inside - what do they mean? Thank you for any and all input.. Jamie


Orignal From: Potties 4 pcs- Jugtown cndlestk, incised clay vase, crazy vase

No comments:

Post a Comment