Monday, July 20, 2009

Walter, is there a chance this marked tile is Italian, Camastra?

I posted this tile before with it's very hard to read mark and I think it might say STno CAMASTR_ on the bottom, there is more writing and there is a partial impressed flower (or star) with a dot center. I tried to highlight some of the letters as they appear to me. The back is very rough, chipped and still has mortar on it. It is 7¼" square and ¾" thick and glazed over crudely applied colors with a bumpy surface In researching I found that tiles were made in Camastra however I haven't found an example of marks used and this doesn't strike me as Italian. Does this look familiar to you? Thanks so much! sis



Orignal From: Walter, is there a chance this marked tile is Italian, Camastra?

No comments:

Post a Comment