Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm in SHOCK right now, please help me identify this vase.

This vase belonged to my grandmother. My dad had it in the BACK of his china cabinet, in a very non prominent place since her death in 1999. I've been admiring it for a while and asking whether I could sell it for him (and my sister) and today he brought it over! It is so pretty. Looks like a pheasant on it? It is 12" tall. It is DEEPLY crazed but I do not see any cracks or damage to it. The bottom is not marked but there appears to be a symbol (that almost looks like a crab with it's claws reaching out) that has faded over the years and the bottom appears like it may have been wet at one point. It reminds me of a tiny vase that I sold on ebay about 9 years ago for $500 that I cant remember the name of. Does anyone have ANY info on this item? I'm not even sure what country it originates, although my hunch is Italy? Thanks so much in advance!


Orignal From: I'm in SHOCK right now, please help me identify this vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment