Monday, August 31, 2009

Pottery fun

As you all know, half the fun in antiqueing is the learning we do. I thought this was worth sharing... I have owned the blue Van Briggle lamp for years and just found the red one for $75 so couldn't pass it up. When I get them side by side I am intrigued by the differences. And when I search this mold on the web I see dozens of variations. Jug on the right, jug on the left, girl nude, girl draped in dress, bare back, clothed back, bent arm, straight arm, hair combed back, hair parted in middle, etc. How of earth did they accomplish so many variations of the same basic theme, and WHY???? Anyone??? Oh, and this---- the red one is missing the cord hole. It is the only one I found that doesn't have the cord coming out the base. Strange?? Steve


Orignal From: Pottery fun

No comments:

Post a Comment