Sunday, August 23, 2009

Need Help with Porcelain Teapot Markings in Arabic

I have this conch shell teapot and the markings on the bottom of it are in Arabic. I estimate this would have been made in the 1940s or 1950s, but I'm not positive. Does anyone know anything about this type of porcelain or where it could have been made? Do you know what the Arabic markings mean? The first line looks like text, with numbers on the left below it, and symbols on the right. Below are a couple of pictures. Sorry, but I could not get a clearer picture of the markings with my camera. This is the best I could get. I did manage to find a web site with the Arabic alphabet and numbers. The numbers on the bottom of it translated are as follows. But you have to read from right to left. 5266192 (first line) and 6423890 (second line) Any idea what the numbers could be? The markings on the actual item are painted on, so it is not clear to begin with. Thanks in advance.


Orignal From: Need Help with Porcelain Teapot Markings in Arabic

No comments:

Post a Comment