Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How To Treat Blackheads on the Nose

At 42, I have the gemon problem of stubborn blackheads on the nose. I've had them since I was 9. I've done some research andcould findno permanent solution to this problem. However, they can be nicely controlled. If the blackheads are old, deeply embedded, and cannot be sqeezed out you need to start with really effective exfoliation. I started with Retin A creme, but this requires a doctor's prescription. I also like a product from Igia called "Silky Smooth". Its sold as a hair remover but also works wonderfully at removing old, accumulated dead layers of skin. It costs less than $10.00. The product uses a spinning rough surface so be careful when using over a spot where the skin in stretched thin over bone. If you're older you may have a lot of dead skin layers to remove before you can get to the blackheads. Stop if it starts to hurt or burn. If your skin is sore, red or open at this point wait a few days before proceeding to the next step. Next you'll need a spinning head toothbrush with bristles of alternating length, like a Reach, and St Ives Apricot Scrub Blackhead and Blemish Control.Its effective, inexpensive and contains Salicylic Acid, which will dry out clogged pores.Wet the face and apply the scrub to the nose. Wet then turn on the toothbrush and gently scrub the entire nose surface for two to three minutes. Rinse. Gently rub away debris with a clean towel. Next, dampen the skin, then treat the nose with an Igia pore cleaner, which uses suction to pull out blackheads. I do this whole treatment a few times per week and my blackheads are very much controlled. Let me add that I do not work for any of the gepanies whose products I regemend nor do I sell any products.
Update: I have found a couple of products that will work well for exfoliation on the nose to help loosen and decrease blackheads. Igia makes a home microdermabrasion kit that that I haven't tried yet but looks really promising. They also make a callus remover for use on the feet that will work very well at removing accumulated dead skin and debris on the nose. Neutrogena also makes a home microdermabrasion kit available in drugstores and supermarkets that I also haven't tried but looks promising.
I have recently tried using a sonic toothbrush (like a Sonicare, but the one I use is a CVS brand that cost less than $20.00) on nose blackheads with great results. Again, nothing is going to work on blackheads that are deeply embedded until you exfoliate using some sort of microdermabrasion. Apply the St Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead control and then scrub with the sonic toothbrush as you would your teeth. Follow with the Pore Cleanzer as described above.

No comments:

Post a Comment