Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Loudmouth Exhaust System

SLP's Loudmouth Exhaust System



I have SLP's Loudmouth Exhaust System installed on my 2000 Camaro Z28. When I was shopping for exhaust systems/mufflers I was looking for the meanest sounding one out there. I went with the SLP system since they had a working agreement with Chevrolet (at the time). The exhaust sound is deep loud and mean. If you want to annoy your neighbors, attract attention, and scare little children, this is the system for you. There is one slight draw back however. With the wide open straight through design, there is some popping and grumbling going on after you lift the accelerator. Myself, I like it. If you want to cut down on the popping some people have succsessfully put a straight through magnaflow bullet style muffler in, but I personally don't believe it is worth the extra hassle, keep what you got. Make sure that the kit you are getting has the Y-pipe kit, this makes a ton of difference. If you can get away with emmisions, the off road type y-pipes are even better. You will however have to buy a couple O2 simulators (check okay) to keep the C.E.S light from geing on. I welded on the long square intercooled Borla tips (dual) for a nice look.(SEE BELOW):

The factory SLP tips are not as nice a look as the Borla's. Expect to pay $100 per tip though.Although my application was on a 4th Gen. Camaro, SLP has started productionon the Loudmouth system for Mustang's, although I haven't heard one yet.
Hope this has helped, if it has click the "Yes" button below to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment